In the dead of winter when the temps barely break freezing, there are two foolproof remedies I can always turn to. The first is travel, and since I’m off to Austin for SXSW in two weeks and Brazil in eight weeks, I think I’ve got that one covered.
The second is a little retail therapy for some light and bright clothing and accessories. While this is by no means a comprehensive list of my favorite online shops, they are the first place I head when I’m looking to warm my spirits:
- Nasty Gal – Started as an ebay store in 2006, this online shop has a fabulous collection of new and vintage items at a range of price points. I’m loving their collection of vintage rocker t’s and these Skulltini loafers ($160).
- Asos – No shopping list would be complete without Asos. This amazing mega-store based in the UK has everything from indie brands like Circa Vintage to top French fashion labels like Vanessa Bruno.
- Pixie Market – Pixie is great when you’re looking for fun, current staples without breaking the bank. Kind of like a TopShop meets Asos meets Urban Outfitters.
- Ten Over 6 – With upscale finds like Tolstoy books and designer fragrances by Olo, Ten Over 6 is one of my latest obsessions.
- Net-a-porter – Oh, Net-a-Porter, I could spend a hundred hours (and my entire life savings) shopping your site. Curated with the best-of-the-best, NP specializes in designer ready-to-wear (hence, the name).
- ShopBop – An oldie but goodie – and ever so fashionable with everything from L’Egance to Rory Beca to Jason Wu.
- Revolve Clothing – Based in LA, this super-boutique is similar to Shopbop and has a all of my favorite brands, including Alice + Olivia, Equipment, Joie, SEE by Chloe, and Vince .
- Barney’s – When all else fails, go to Barney’s. Or just start there. Either way you’ll be smitten.
- Colette – If you can’t get to Paris to shop this a-list concept boutique, visit their shop online. I love Colette’s curated jewelry pieces, including this gold Eddie Borgo cuff.
- Singer22 – Stock up on Rag & Bone, Parker and other celebrity faves at this fashion staple.
- Supermarket HQ – Fresh indie designs and accessories straight from designers. Like Etsy, but better. Current obsession on Supermarket: waxed canvas totes by Peg and Awl ($280).
- True & Co – If you can’t heat up the temps outside, heat up the bedroom with some flirty lingerie. True & Co customizes recommendations and sends you a bunch of items to chose from. Keep what you like, return what you don’t.
- Erica Weiner – I’ve been buying Erica Weiner jewelry since she first popped up in a few East Village boutiques in 2006. I’ve gone through 3 handcuff necklaces ($50) and adore her dainty/edgy style. Perfect for a downtown girly-girl.